7953 - Bone Replacement Graft (Socket Graft)
4267 - GTR-Non-Resorbable Membrane
Extract | Debride | Inject | Cover
Socket Graft Injectable is a dual phase calcium phosphate biocement that comes in a frozen, single use syringe. The 4-pack includes 4 syringes.
This material is intended to be used when all 4 bony walls are present after extraction and does not require packing.
For the packable version of this product, see Socket Graft.
Indications for Use:
- Extractions with all bony walls present: Inject and cover with a Teflon Membrane.
- Extraction sites that retain their socket walls, but have a minor sinus perforation into the sinus: Inject by expressing some graft material into the sinus to occlude the perforation and cover with a Teflon Membrane. Instruct patient to not cover nose while sneezing or coughing. Place implant in 3 months.
- Extraction site with extensive infections and fistulas: If extensive bleeding after extraction occurs, place a 2x2 gauze in the socket. Soaking gauze with lidocaine is also helpful until bleeding has stopped. Inject graft and cover with a Teflon Membrane.
- We suggest retrieving Socket Graft Injectable from the freezer at the time the patient is seated and allow 2-3 minutes to thaw before use
- Extract and debride the socket; the graft material should now be thawed and ready for use
- Keep the socket as dry as possible (blood does not need to be present, it is the osteoblasts that live in the bone being targeted) packing gauze wetted with lidocaine into the socket will help reduce blood flow and allow for better handling of the graft material
- Inject the graft material beginning from the apex moving towards the gingival margin and slightly overfill the socket (packing is not required)
- Use a flat instrument to condense the graft material to fill voids and/or to remove excess graft material
- Cover with a dense Teflon membrane
- Place Oral Bond (dental adhesive) on the sutures and margins of the membrane to create a hermetic seal, preventing oral fluids from entering the grafted site
- Remove the sutures in 2 weeks and the membrane in 1 month, exposing a healthy, mineralized crest
Systemic antibiotics after grafting with precise post op patient instructions is strongly recommended.
For more information and case studies on this product or its biological components, visit its page on our main website: Socket Graft Injectable
The FDA has cleared this product for implant placement 8 weeks after grafting. During implant placement at 8 weeks after grafting, the grafted site is filled with proliferating osteoblasts, making it an ideal time for implant placement. At 8 weeks, the vitality will be higher than normal bone and provide for a higher level of bone to implant integration due to the osteoblasts secreting osteoid onto the implant surface. Unlike Socket Graft Plus, this material does not contain βTCP granules.
Socket Graft Injectable contains SL Factor, an osteogenic compound that stimulates the process of osteogenesis. SL Factor is absorbed through the cell membrane of osteoblasts and communicates with the DNA. The DNA then turns on the process of osteogenesis, stimulating over 300 genes of the cell. This process of bone formation occurs at a very rapid rate creating healthy, vital bone that is functional and adaptable to varying loads. Time of implant placement and restoration is reduced due to this process.
Socket Graft Injectable offers ease of application to deliver optimal bone quality with bone to implant integration due to its osteogenic properties. More importantly, our graft material increases implant success rates.
Offer your patients these products and achieve higher acceptance rates by informing them that this material:
- Is safe
- Is non-allergenic
- Will not cause an inflammatory reaction
- Contains absolutely NO human or animal product
- Poses no risk of disease transmission
- Completely resorbs
- Is quickly replaced by the patient's own healthy, normal, vital bone
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I've enjoyed using this product very much. Very easy to use and the results have been great so far. Follow the recommendations provided by Dr. Steiner and you will get great results.